This dish is perfect for Thanksgiving because it frees up oven space and travels well. Shred your own cheese, using a food processor or hand grater. There won’t be any leftovers!
Some Kinda Good Slow Cooker Bacon Mac & Cheese
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
MAKES: 10 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 Slices of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Fresh Parsley, optional
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add butter. In a large bowl, mix 3 cups cheese, evaporated milk, condensed soup, 2% milk and eggs. Pour over macaroni mixture; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads at least 160°.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook, covered, on low 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with paprika. Add bacon and parsley. Yield: 10 servings.
New to Some Kinda Good?
Georgia native Rebekah Faulk Lingenfelser is a professionally trained private chef, culinary TV personality and author of the best-selling memoir, Some Kinda Good: Good Food and Good Company, That’s What It’s All About. Featured on Forbes, Food Network Star, ABC’s The Taste and The VeryVera Show, she is the longtime Statesboro Herald food columnist and contributing food writer for multiple Southeast Georgia magazines. Lingenfelser earned a Bachelor of Science degree in public relations from Georgia Southern University, Statesboro. She also attended Savannah Technical College’s Culinary Institute of Savannah. To learn more, connect with Some Kinda Good on social media, visit RebekahLingenfelser.com or email SKGFoodBlog@gmail.com.