Today kicks off a week-long celebration of Savannah’s first ever Food & Wine Festival. I’m volunteering this Saturday, Nov. 16 during the main event, Taste of Savannah! Not only is the inaugural event being held in one of the most beautiful Southern cities in the world, but all of the proceeds benefit local charitable organizations.
Throughout the week of Nov. 11 – 17, festival attendees will enjoy dinners prepared by award-winning chefs and sample rare wines from around the world. Saturday’s Taste of Savannah features a Culinary Court, Artisan Market, Celebrity Chef Kitchen, Cookbook Author Signing Tent, a Silent Auction and more.
Check out the impressive line-up of local and celebrity chefs making special appearances during the seven-day festival:
- James Beard Foundation’s Hugh Acheson, Chris Hastings, Steven Satterfield and Elizabeth Terry
- Food Network’s Extreme Chef winner, Anthony Lamas
- Award-winning chefs Kent Rathbun from Dallas, TX and Shaun Doty from Atlanta, GA
- Master Sommeliers Robert Jones and Michael McNeill
- James Beard Foundation’s award-winning cookbook authors, The Lee Brothers from Charleston, SC
- Artist, Thomas Arvid
- Vintners, Rob Mondavi, Jr., with Michael Mondavi Family Estate and Joe Shirley, with Napa Cellars
I’ll be helping out in The Local Palate Celebrity Chef tent at Ellis Square from Noon – 4 p.m. You can also catch me attending the River Street Wine Stroll this Friday night, and at the Official After Party at City Market on Saturday. Y’all stop by and see us! Fantastic food and spirits on the Georgia coast in November? Sounds like a plan to me!
For tickets and the most up-to-date information on Savannah’s inaugural food and wine festival, visit SavannahFoodAndWineFest.com.